Home Forums Forum What Ray Said

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Lollipop
    Participant

@Cari – here is an interesting Substack by a Peat follower.  She uploaded on this Substack a PDF of Ray’s unpublished essays.  The PDF is entitled: Notes From a Subterranean Library in Oregon.

https://t3uncoupled.substack.com/

Cari
      Keymaster

Ray talks here about allergies going away when one gives up their supplements…

Cari
        Keymaster

“Music, dance, and swimming have been used successfully to improve fluidity in various neurological diseases.” -Ray Peat

Zack Vegas
          Participant

In this clip, I think Ray Peat explains why he recommends his core principles (avoid PUFA, keep iron low, why he recommends higher sugar intakes) than anywhere else, and does it in about 12 minutes.  In classic Ray Peat fashion, he read John Yudkin’s book “Sugar: Pure, White and Deadly” and was so convinced by Yudkin’s evidence that sugar raises cholesterol, that he started recommending eating higher amounts of sugar at that point.

Cari
            Keymaster

@Zack Vegas This is a crash course in what the Ray Peat diet is about. I was excited in the beginning where he talked about liver spots. That is the first thing that I noticed in my first year of  “Peating” strictly, all of my liver spots disappeared. They have never come back either.

Cari
              Keymaster

“Now, people who don’t want x-rays are treated as crackpots. Probably because of this cultural situation, Gofman’s recommendations are very mild–simply for doctors to use good technology and to know what they are doing, which could lead to ten-fold or even hundred-fold dose reduction. Even with such mild restraint in the use of diagnostic x-rays, Gofman’s well founded estimate is that 250,000 deaths caused by radiation could be prevented annually. I believe many more deaths would be prevented if ultrasound and MRI were used consistently instead of x-rays. Using Gofman’s estimate, I think we can blame at least ten million deaths on just the medical x-rays that have been used inappropriately because of the policies of the U.S. government in the last half century. That wouldn’t include the deaths caused by radioactive fallout from bomb tests and leaks from nuclear power plants, or the vast numbers of people mentally impaired by all sorts of toxic radiation.” -Ray Peat

Gawdawg
                Participant

When asked, what is a healthy way to look at the world or what is an unhealthy way to look at the world?

“I think it’s important to get pleasure from looking at the world, intrinsically the process of being involved and learning from the world gives pleasure; insight is pleasurable; and the attitude towards the world that it’s a place to be dutiful and do your work, that is a less healthy approach to reality. Everything should be more or less spontaneous and fun and intrinsically motivating to continue in that direction.” – Ray Peat (August 2021)

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Mark

A beautiful human with a goofy personality.
                Skip to content