Home Forums Forum MORE WEIGHT LOSS TALK

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Gawdawg
    Participant

I’ve heard Dr. Peat mention a milk study conducted with Asians. The participants were slowly introduced to milk with meals. This helped them tolerate milk. Dr. Peat mentioned being lactose intolerant is a lack of specific enzymes that are responsible for digesting lactose and not produced if you’re not a milk drinker. By slowly introducing milk it causes the body to begin making the necessary enzymes for digesting the lactose and I’m guessing proteins as well.

JP
      Participant

Thanks Gawdawg. I am working on lactose intolerance which has improved but I am hoping to tolerate it 100% so I can have more though I only have access to ultra processed/homogenized milk. Will try having it with meals and see.

Gawdawg
        Participant

I think the two options you mentioned are fine.

Someone asked me on my Instagram yesterday how long it took for me to heal my metabolism. My answer entailed three different things and that was getting me sleep in a good place, getting off ALL supplements and maintaining my ideal weight in that same place for a good long time, about a year. Once I seriously kept my weight in check for that extended period without extreme fluctuations it became my baseline and my weight has never fluctuated much since. With that being said I am mindful to eat right when I start seeing that scale go up, from too many restaurant visits usually. At restaurants they use PUFA laden oils, ingredients with preservatives, with very few choices without grains, nothing is grass-fed and too often they fool me with MSG to make me think stale or ordinary food is much better than it really is without it. I always see weight gain the next day after a restaurant visit, usually two to three pounds and it does take a couple of days to get myself back to normal again. Doing that often would be a disaster to my health. Keeping unwanted pounds away is a daily practice and I have been posting my daily practices for maintaining all of the good health benefits I have achieved in the link below.

https://raymendeat.com/category/everyday/

J.R.K
          Participant

Do you feel the weight gain is from fat being stored, or is it water weight from inflammation caused by the PUFA @Rinse & rePeat?

Zack Vegas
            Participant

It depends, but I think it’s largely a combination of the two.  If it’s quick weight gain or loss, that’s likely water, but may be an indication of longer term fat loss or gain.  Excess water weight can be just as prolematic and long term as what’s thought of as “fat,” just look at some people with ascetis, as an example.

You can breakdown the weight of your body into five categories, those being Water, Fat, Muscle, Bone, and Vital Organs.  There are some overlap between the categoies.  I think the most variable is water, then fat a close second, muscle a distant third, and bone and vital organs not varying much, weight wise.

Side note, when ever you see bodyfat estimates, Fat is it’s own category, and muscle, bone, vital organs AND water make up Fat Free Mass, or the so called “lean” mass.  So a lot of time, when you think you “gained muscle,” you may have actually gained water.  Oh, and all common ways to estimate bodyfat are wildly inaccurate, anyway.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by Zack Vegas.

Inflammation is cells swelling with fluid so I think both J.R.K.. I have worked in restaurants back in the day and there is nothing being delivered there in a simple form.

I think water weight would imply inflammation, is there another reason why people lose water weight first when attempting to lose weight?

“Muscle physiologists and endocrine physiologists know that fatigue, stress and excess estrogen can cause the tissues to swell hugely, increasing their weight and water content without increasing their protein content.“ -Ray Peat

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 68 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Cari aka "Rinse & rePeat"

Skip to content