Home Forums Forum Fruit and Milk

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Lollipop
    Participant

I found this surprisingly good:  fruit intake increased in middle age wards off depression later in age:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240722155127.htm

Anonymous

What if we find ourselves running to the toilet constantly -after eating a good portion of fruit. I like how they make me feel but its a lot of water???

another point for starches??? or could we try dried fruits however Peat didn’t mention these and they  don’t seem the same when you eat them… lacking enzymes?

Lilac
        Participant

Ray frowned on dried fruits, I recall. I do not remember the reason why.

Anonymous

Dried medjool dates are the only good ones I found

the unripe fruit thing is so true… what the hell is wrong with our food supply?? why do we need all these exotic fruits when local apples from an orchard that are actually ripe make me feel so good compared to stuff shipped halfway across the world…. sad

Lollipop
            Participant

My Sunday afternoon treat after house cleaning and washing clothes – lol.  Organic handmade Vanilla Ice Cream with cherries in a sugar syrup…I was so tired,  thinking of a nap…but then thought of this yummminess and am now wide awake 🥳

Cari
              Keymaster

@Lollipop “Cari my husband and I have been making our own cold brew for years and we add milk and my homemade vanilla syrup – oh so yummmmmy!  People who have tasted it have fallen in love with our morning cold brew.  We have every morning“

That does sound good! Are you talking about boiling sugar and water together and adding vanilla extract?

Lollipop
                Participant

Precisely @Cari Here is my recipe:

We can also put that post on our coffee thread 🙂

Lisa’s Vanilla Syrup

Ingredients:

2 cups water

2 cups organic cane sugar

2 tablespoons organic vanilla extract

Method:

*Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to a boil at medium heat.

*Turn heat down to low – med low.

*Continue to cook at a rapid simmer or soft boil until syrup thickens – 40 min.

*Turn off the stove and add the vanilla extract.

*Use a funnel to pour into a glass container and let cool to room temperature.

Store in the refrigerator – good 2-3 weeks

Here is a cool image I took while it was heating up one time:

Cari
                  Keymaster

@Lollipop This vanilla syrup is a great idea to have around, even for iced tea I am thinking. I have often been using maple syrup in my coffee and this sound like a nice change. Thank you for the recipe!

lysanderswife
                    Participant

How do you make the Gatorade?

Cari
                      Keymaster

@lysanderswife ”How do you make the Gatorade?”

I posted the recipe in my weight loss/management section. I linked it for you below!

Fresh Orange Gatorade

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content