Home Forums Forum Fruit and Milk

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Cari
    Keymaster

@Lollipop your cold brew sounds wonderful! I have been making an index cold brew coffee drink this week mixing fresh steeped fig leaves to make a tea and I chill it, then I mix equal parts cold brew coffee, milk and this fig leaf tea and sweeten it with sugar. The fig leaf tea taste like coconut vanilla. I started using the fig leaves for their magnesium and vitamin K1, but they also have B1, B2 and manganese that I welcome.  I am hooked on this trifecta! 

Lollipop
      Participant

WoW!! That sounds yummy and super healthy @Cari!! Good idea!!

You could take all of your recipes and ideas and create a delicious and refreshing cafe…

Cari
        Keymaster

@Lollipop I would love to eat there too! I have thinking outside the box more about getting my nutrition foraging. Getting my K1 this was is lit tastier than boiled kale! I have been making fresh fruit juice sodas and other drinks too to get my vitamins, minerals and colors in my diet. It has been fun experimenting. My son said this fresh boysenberry soda was the best soda he has ever had!

Cari
          Keymaster

Here are some other ways I have been getting my milk and fruit!

Lollipop
            Participant
              1. Yummmmmmy and I imagine such an endorsement from your son says a lot!!

In the morning I also make for my hubby and me each a soda of 1/4 lemon and 1/4 navel or Valencia orange, 3 teaspoons dark maple syrup and then 10 or 11 ounces of sparkling water with a wonderful mineral profile to assist in getting our minerals.   And we split a sugar bee or cosmic crisp apple.

And combine that with our cold brew and my homemade granola with milk and we are supercharged for the morning until lunch – lol.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 4 weeks ago by Lollipop.
              Cari
              Keymaster

@Lollipop “In the morning I also make for my hubby and me each a soda of 1/4 lemon and 1/4 navel or Valencia orange, 3 teaspoons dark maple syrup and then 10 or 11 ounces of sparkling water with a wonderful mineral profile to assist in getting our minerals.   And we split a sugar bee or cosmic crisp apple.

And combine that with our cold brew and my homemade granola with milk and we are supercharged for the morning until lunch – lol.”

I am impressed! I want to vacation at your house now! I put maple syrup in my coffee and in this milk and grape juice concoction Ray Peat recommend (below), but I hadn’t thought to pair it with oranges or a in soda. I am going to try that!

Anonymous

Yes raw milk would be nice. I imagine low temp pasteurised isn’t too bad.

I have been eating local fruits and milk and feel warmer and warmer.

peater wabbit
                  Participant

I drink 2%. I can’t get raw milk either. I love my coffee flavored milk. I brewed a big pitcher of coffee, added sugar and half and half. I pour some of that into a tall empty Starbucks glass bottle and then fill with milk. Yummers. It’s hard to get get good fruit in grocery stores and where I live has limited fruit. It’s mostly melons and berries. The berries are pretty much done now. In July I go up to the mountains and buy tons of fresh picked peaches. I adore apricots but the store bought are either unripe or pithy.

Anonymous

What about different types of milk?

obviously some would digest better than others?

w have sheep, goat, camel and all sorts of other weird milks no? I wonder if anyone has tried these. I like goat myself. Never had sheep milk but I have had sheep cheese in the mountains of eastern europe. Smoked cheese. mmm

Lollipop
                      Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>This was quite an interesting study I saw that talks about eating more fruits in midlife helps mood later in life.</p>
                        https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2024/07/240722155127.htm

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 30 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content