Home Forums Forum Third go round with cancer

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Cari
    Keymaster

This is pretty big considering the source…

“Several studies suggest that rosemary extract may inhibit tumor growth by preventing cancerous cells from replicating. One study found that rosemary, on its own and in combination with curcumin, helped prevent breast cancer. A second study found similar effects of rosemary on colon cancer cells.”

https://www.mountsinai.org/health-library/herb/rosemary#:~:text=Rosemary%20is%20often%20used%20in,levels%20and%20help%20reduce%20anxiety.

Cari
      Keymaster

I have discovered a new powerhouse… fig leaves. They are delicious, reminiscent of coconut and vanilla. I have been chopping up and boiling the leaves for a couple of minutes and then letting them steep until cooled. I refrigerate this tea and have it with milk and a little sugar, it is so good! Fig leaves fight cancer and are good for liver, eye health, weight loss, infections, digestion, inflammation and cancer.  They have anti-fungal  and anti-bacterial properties. I started drinking it as a tasty way to get my vitamin K1, but this article which I linked below has a long list of vitamins,  minerals and health benefits of these tasty leaves. My tree grows miniature figs the size of grapes which I have not tasted yet, but the fruit is almost ripe, but even if I don’t like the fruit growing a fig tree for these leaves is worth it…

“Research shows that compounds in fig leaves may contribute to a lower risk of developing certain cancers, including breast cancer. The presence of bergapten and psoralen, two powerful components found in fig leaf extract, have displayed promising anticancer effects.

These findings suggest that incorporating fig leaves into your diet could be a proactive step for improving overall health and potentially defending against the development of cancer cells. There is ongoing research and studies aimed at uncovering more about these natural defenses.”

https://sensationalseasonals.com/blogs/wellness/health-benefits-of-fig-leaves

Cari
        Keymaster

I bought some purple potatoes and am even more anxious to eat them for all that they offer to my health and you too Kevin…

“Eating purple potatoes can boost your antioxidant intake and reduce inflammation. They’re especially rich in anthocyanins, which are antioxidant compounds linked to improved eye and heart health, as well as a lower risk of chronic disease.”

“Another study in men who ate 5.3 ounces (150 grams) of different colored potatoes each day for 6 weeks observed that the purple potato group had lower levels of inflammatory markers and markers of DNA damage, compared with the white potato group.”

“A few lab studies have indicated that some of the compounds in purple potatoes, including their antioxidants, may help prevent or fight cancer, including colon and breast cancer (13Trusted Source, 14Trusted Source).

In one study, cancer cells that were treated with purple potato extract grew more slowly. In some cases, the extract even caused cancer cell death”

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/purple-potatoes#5.-May-reduce-your-risk-of-cancer

Cari
          Keymaster

@Kevin007 I know you are not going to go the cutting chemo route like you did the first two time, so I thought this little clip was just right for your mindset. I especially thnk the comments from others were the most valuable for you to read…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8949EIJRLg/?igsh=MTc4MmM1YmI2Ng==

Cari
            Keymaster

I planted several kinds of basil in my garden, but today I planted Holy Basil. I did not know there was a big difference…

“Basil vs. Holy Basil
              Holy basil, also known as tulsi, is an herb originally grown in the tropical climates of India and nearby countries. The scientific name is Ocimum sanctum or Ocimum tenuiflorum L.

In addition to being an herbal supplement, the holy basil tulsi plant is an important part of Hindu culture. Those in the largest Hindu sect, Vaishnavism, use tulsi for worship, prayer, and other spiritual rituals.

In India, tulsi is an important antioxidant in holistic medicine. This form of traditional medicine is called ayurveda, which considers health problems to be imbalances within a person’s mind, body, and spirit.”

“Basil is full of antioxidants. Sweet basil contains a compound called eugenol, and lime and lemon basils have limonene. These antioxidants, along with others such as anthocyanins and beta-carotene, help to fight free radicals in the body that can otherwise lead to cell damage and increase your risk for a variety of health conditions, including cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.”

“Holy basil’s phytochemicals can help protect against different types of cancer, including lung cancer, liver cancer, oral cancer, and skin cancer.”

https://www.webmd.com/diet/health-benefits-basil#:~:text=Basil%20has%20antibacterial%20properties.,%2C%20abdominal%2C%20or%20skin%20infections.

Kevin007
              Participant

All these awesome protective plants!  I can start a garden with rosemary and Holy Basil… not sure a fig tree will grow in my climate😉

Kevin007
                Participant

I’ve been taking aspirin, niacinamide, biotin and thiamine everyday since June second. My temps and pulse are up, I’m sleeping well and generally feel good!
                  I know the thiamine helps to increase CO2 and is something easy to buy and administer, however I just received a pack of acetazolamide (AcetaDiazol) from a Mexican pharmacy.
                  I’m assuming taking more carbonic anhydrase inhibitors cannot hurt, right?

I plan on taking 1/2 a pill (125m) along with the other supplements.  Anyone have thoughts, concerns or recommendations on this… more, less, timing etc.

thank you!

Zack Vegas
                  Participant

Acetazolamide is a very safe drug, as far as pharmaceuticals go.  I have used that sort of dose myself.  Haidut posted a study on the old RPF that showed that acetazolamide and thiamine work together in a complementary fashion.

To my knowledge, the side effects of acetazolamide are minor, especially at lower doses.  The ones I have noticed include tingling in the fingers, and occasional drowsiness upon waking.  Sometimes, I’ve gotten a similar tingling in my blood, almost like it felt that my blood was a bit carbonated.  That was actually pleasant.  You might want to check drugs dot com for all potential side effects, and any drug interactions.  But, for cancer (and compared to traditional cancer treatments), the sides I mentioned should be very minor, by comparison.

It does also make you urinate a bit more, and you can lose more electrolytes while taking it.  I think Haidut mentioned in one study that an additional glass of orange juice (8 oz) was enough to counter this effect, at least in the particular study posted.

Cari
                    Keymaster

@Kevin007  Ray Peat talked highly of acetazolamide to me in an email saying, “The drug acetazolamide which is used for altitude sickness, sleep apnea, and epilepsy, increases the amount of CO2 in the body, and favors bone integrity and reduces pain.”

Zack Vegas
                      Participant

Here’s a woman talking about her experience with acetazolamide, which she takes for Idiopathic intracranial hypertension-

Sounds like she was taking 1-2 grams a day (which is 8-16 times as much as the half pill dose discussed above), and while her side effects sound worse than anything I have experienced at the lower doses of 125-250mg a day, they still sound much more desirable than the more serious chemo or radiation side effects.   So, it would probably be best if you could stay at the lower end of the dosage scale, especially paired with thiamine for the synergistic effect.  But, higher doses do have their place.

I did forget about the taste of carbonated drinks.  Sometimes, carbonated drinks would taste “flat,” but I rarely get that anymore.  Recently, I’ve used the 250mg dose every once in a while, maybe once or twice a week, and I don’t get the “flat” taste from carbonated drinks anymore, even a day after I’ve used it, which is when it used to happen.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 53 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content