Home Forums Forum Sore Breasts with Progesterone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wildflower
    Participant

Does anyone know why I am getting sore breasts when I take progesterone? I thought progesterone is supposed to prevent this from happening.  Not sure if the progesterone is somehow turning into estrogen?  I do take thyroid and vitamin d as well.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Wildflower.
      Lilac
      Participant

Are you completely familiar with Ray’s advice about dosing? Review his progesterone articles if you are not.

Most women do well with 10 mg, about 3 drops, of Progest-E daily, cycled three weeks on, one week off. But some women have such an estrogen dominance that they need to take big doses at first. I seem to recall 100 mg. That could be wrong. But Ray always advises to go by your own feel for it. Again, it is all in the articles. Start with this one:

https://raypeat2.com/articles/articles/progesterone-summaries.shtml

Wildflower
        Participant

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am familiar with Dr. Peat’s work and have been following his way of eating and working on my thyroid for over four years now. I have tried taking progesterone in the different doses and different forms for several years. For some reason, I still feel estrogen dominant symptoms from it no matter the dose. I just increased my aspirin  and started taking additional magnesium. Hopefully that will help. I was just wondering if others had issues with progesterone.

Lilac
          Participant

I believe Blossom, over at the old raypeatforum.com, said she had no success ultimately with progesterone, and she ended up finding relief with some form of estrogen. You can check out her posts.

Wildflower
            Participant

Wow, okay.  Thank you so much for that link.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content