Home Forums Forum Recognizing endotoxin, serotonin, cortisol, high estrogen…

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

“Get in the habit of really paying attention to what’s happening in your body as you do different things. People have learned to follow authority and not to pay enough attention to how their body is momentarily responding to what they do and experience.” – Dr. Ray Peat

Lilac
    Participant

It has taken me years to get better at paying attention–the “perceive” in “Perceive, think, act.” But it is a skill well worth pursuing.

@Lilac “It has taken me years to get better at paying attention–the “perceive” in “Perceive, think, act.” But it is a skill well worth pursuing.”

I have solved so many issues making notes of things. If I had a bad reaction or feeling I wrote everything down, and each time I did that I would eventually find similarities in each of the lists. I have learned a lot this way.

Anonymous

I wonder how much food cravings can inform us about hormonal states… I find when I raise testosterone I get spicy food cravings and can  eat chillie peppers raw with no problems… Then we have the stereotypes about men not liking sweet things??? Could be stereotypes but I mean has to be SOME truth to it no?

Cari
        Keymaster

@questforhealth

I don’t know a single man that doesn’t love a bowl of ice cream at night.

Lilac
          Participant

I think most people like sweets. Not liking sweets is unusual. I wish I liked sweets less!

I can’t remember in which book of Ray’s he writes about cravings. That certain nutrients produce cravings–e.g., salt, vitamin C, protein, carbs. And that you should follow your cravings. I have found this helpful. I will ask myself, “What do you want?” Sometimes the answer is fruit/tangy/sweet; sometimes it is salty protein.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content