Home Forums Forum Instincts

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I think  peaty plant based diets with lots of fruits, some dairy, small amounts of meat weekly if that suits you, maybe beans would probably be very good for us… Maybe even some root vegetables or potatoes or things like  that.

The insect thing is something about it being more efficient and insects wasting less food to make protein but I don’t understand why we can’t just eat beans? Beans are good no? I think Dr Peat unfairly bashed beans. I have been craving black bean burritos with lemon juice as I’m very anemic.

Some cultures in Asia eat insects. Also bonobos  eat mostly plants but supplement their diet with insects

I WONDER IF THE EPIDEMIC OF RED PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IS CAUSED BY PEOPLE EATING TOO MUCH MEAT. THE  PEOPLE I KNOW WHO ARE WALKING  IRON  STATUE PEOPLE EAT LOTS OF MEAT.

Cari
      Keymaster

@questforhealth “but I don’t understand why we can’t just eat beans? Beans are good no? I think Dr Peat unfairly bashed beans. I have been craving black bean burritos with lemon juice as I’m very anemic.”

Which part do you think was unfair?

“The various specific actions of the many estrogenic substances in beans and other legumes haven’t been throughly studied, but there is evidence that they are also–like estrogen itself–both mutagenic and carcinogenic.” -Ray Peat

“While nutritional reference tables often show fruits and potatoes as having about 2% protein content, while nuts, grains, and legumes are shown with a high protein content, often in the range of 15% to 40%, they neglect to point out that fruits and potatoes have a very high water content, while that of the seeds is extremely low. The protein content of milk is about 3%, which according to the charts would suggest that it is inferior to beans and grains. In fact, the protein value of grain is negligible, mainly because seeds contain their protein in a storage form, that is extremely rich in nitrogen, but poor in essential amino acids. Special preparation is needed to reduce the toxicity of seeds, and in the case of beans, these methods are never very satisfactory.“ -Ray Peat

“Beans and lentils happen to be powerful anti-thyroid agents, so it isn’t surprising to see indications of decreased aerobic capacity, resulting from decreased peak oxygen consumption( 5) in association with the chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), if that syndrome is caused by chronic exposure to dietary legumes.” -Ray Peat

Viewing 2 posts - 11 through 12 (of 12 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Mark

A beautiful human with a goofy personality.
      Skip to content