Home Forums Forum Fish Oil

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gawdawg
    Participant

“When animals are fed fish oil and then exposed to bacteria, their immunosuppressed thymic (T) cells cause them to succumb to the infection more easily than animals fed coconut oil or a fat free diet. Natural killer cells, which eliminate cancer cells and virus infected cells, are decreased after eating fish oil, and T suppressor cells are often increased.” -Ray Peat

@GawDawg bottom link you posted is not good and people pay to get this buying fish oil thinking it is healthy!  I wonder if this includes the oil in fatty fish like salmon?

“Patients who took more than one gram per day of omega-3 fatty acids had a 49% increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation, compared to just 12% of patients who took one gram or less of the supplement per day.”

Gawdawg
      Participant

You mean the link is not working for you? I just opened it. Ray did say fish in cooler environment have a higher level of PUFAs. If they were more saturated fats, they would have a difficult time moving around.

Cari
        Keymaster

“Some of the unsaturated fats in fish are definitely less toxic than those in corn oil or soy oil, but that doesn’t mean they are safe. Fifty years ago, it was found that a large amount of cod liver oil in dogs’ diet increased their death rate from cancer by 20 times, from the usual 5% to 100%. A diet rich in fish oil causes intense production of toxic lipid peroxides, and has been observed to reduce a man’s sperm count to zero.” -Ray Peat

Cari
          Keymaster

@Gawdawg Your link above is good I just meant that 49% higher risk of developing atrial fibrillation for those who took did oil is not good.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Mark

A beautiful human with a goofy personality.
          Skip to content