Home Forums Forum Eye Health

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    sunny
    Participant

Any morning I can be out in the daybreak sun, with it just appearing on the horizon, I do sun gazing.  I think it is helpful.  My eyeglass rx did not change in the 10 years I was able to do this daily.  I tjink one eye had gotten slightly better. We will see what happens when I can’t do it daily anymore due to work schedule.

I got a sheet of red film to put over my computer monitor. I have my phone on low brightness and use the red filter.  I would put the red film over the TV also if family did not object.  I don’t watch that much TV.

kayess
      Participant

Another thought for those with glasses or contact Rx. You don’t have to get your eyes corrected to 20/20. You can talk with your optometrist about your goals. Mine was comfortable prescribing me for less than 20/20 since a majority of my day is in front of the computer. I have a stronger pair for long stretches of driving, but I find this too hard on my eyes most of the time.

sunny
        Participant

There are Eye exercises.  The Bates Method comes to mind.

I had an optometrist tell me they work, but I confess I have not done them.

Here is Ray Peat’s article on aging eyes….

https://raypeat.com/articles/articles/aging-eyes.shtml

DozingAnt
          Participant

Morning light is definitely helpful.  We work outside in the Florida bright sun everyday so I try to be mindful of how much is enough.  I think Dr. Peat’s suggested solar radiation can damage the eyes, especially for people suffering from slow metabolism.

I saw this quote from his article  Cataracts: water, energy, light, and aging 

https://raypeat2.com/articles/articles/cataracts-water-energy-light-aging.shtml

“Ultraviolet light powerfully stimulates the formation of nitric oxide (Chaudhry, et al., 1993), and is one of the known causes of cataracts. Since the cornea is more directly exposed than the lens to the ultraviolet rays of sunlight, the effects of injury can be seen more quickly. Exposure of the cornea to ultraviolet light causes swelling, reduced transparency, and the formation of nitric oxide, which enters the aqueous humor (Cejka, et al., 2012; Cejkova, et al., 2005). Swelling in itself, regardless of the cause, decreases the transparency of the cornea (Stevenson, et al., 1983); anything interfering with its energy metabolism causes swelling. ”

I look forward to reading more about “electroosmotic flow of water” because that seems to be a significant aspect of how cells operate.

Cari
            Keymaster

@sunny I tried this 5 minutes Bates Method and thought it relaxed my eyes…

https://seeing.org/techniques/audio/relax-your-eyes.html

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content