Home Forums Forum Aspirin

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Gawdawg
    Participant

If you are using aspirin, how often are you using it and at what dosage?

J.R.K
      Participant

I use Aspirin as it is required for my needs, usually just one three hundred and twenty five mg tablet with some water, baking soda and five mg vitamin K2 MK4.

Because of my thinner blood, from having “O” positive blood type I can’t take aspirin as much as I would like. I have been trying to up my consumption of green things so I can take it at bedtime, because it knocks me out for the night. I only take the equivalent of one aspirin, but in a pure powdered form, medicinal grade.

Gawdawg
        Participant

I’ve never heard Ray Peat speak specifically about using K1 or K2 along with aspirin. What do you know about specifically using MK4 to reduce the risk of bleeds?

J.R.K
          Participant

I hope this helps @Gawdawg

People who are prescribed anticoagulants (also called blood thinners) to prevent blood clots from forming in the heart, lung, or legs are often informed about vitamin K. Because of its blood clotting action, vitamin K has the potential to counteract the effects of blood thinning medications

of the main functions of K vitamins is to allow your blood to clot. In fact, the “K” in vitamin K is in reference to the German word “koagulation,” which translates to “coagulation” or the ability to clot (or thicken) blood. Blood clots may sound like a bad thing — and they can be.

Gawdawg
            Participant

Informative. Thank you.

I am pretty sure this is why he recommends drinking the boiled kale water, for the K1.

“Aspirin is an antioxidant that protects against lipid peroxidation, but it also stimulates mitochondrial respiration. It can inhibit abnormal cell division, but promote normal cell division. It can facilitate learning, while preventing excitotoxic nerve injury. It reduces clotting, but it can decrease excessive menstrual bleeding. These, and many other strangely beneficial effects of aspirin, strongly suggest that it is acting on very basic biological processes, in a coherent way.” -Ray Peat

DozingAnt
              Participant

Having “O” negative blood has kept me cautious about aspirin also, Cari.  We make natto (Natto contains fiber, probiotics, vitamin K2 and nattokinase) although it’s made with not Peaty soybeans and is a fermented product.  Plus it’s taste is not appealing for me but it’s definitely touted as a natural Vit K source to offset aspirin bleeding effects.

In perusing Dr. Peat’s library of work, aspirin is certainly high on his list for many reasons.  I recently purchased the aspirin tablets Danny Roddy suggested (perhaps Cari can link her powder source?).  As a cancer survivor it seems aspirin can be an important addition for maintaining happy metabolism so I’m considering ways to incorporate it.

@DozingAnt “Having “O” negative blood has kept me cautious about aspirin also, Cari.  We make natto (Natto contains fiber, probiotics, vitamin K2 and nattokinase) although it’s made with not Peaty soybeans and is a fermented product.  Plus it’s taste is not appealing for me but it’s definitely touted as a natural Vit K source to offset aspirin bleeding effects.”

I am using broccoli and it’s water and MicroGreens for my blood clotting K1 source. I was also growing sweet potatoes last year for their leaves which was a good source of k1 and is so much more nutritious and tastier than spinach. I am still looking for more sources of it that I can enjoy on a regular basis.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 20 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Mark

A beautiful human with a goofy personality.
              Skip to content