Home Forums Forum Arthritis: thyroid deficiency & hormonal imbalance

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    DozingAnt
    Participant

“Hypothyroidism is a common cause of adrenal insufficiency, but it also has some direct effects on joint tissues.”

“Some of the harmful effects of the cortisone class of drugs (other than gastro-intestinal bleeding) are: Hypertension, osteoporosis, delayed healing, atrophy of the skin, convulsions, cataracts, glaucoma, protruding eyes, psychic derangements, menstrual irregularities, and loss of immunity allowing infections (or cancer) to spread.”

” Stress-induced cortisone deficiency is thought to be a factor in a great variety of unpleasant conditions, from allergies to ulcerative colitis, and in many forms of arthritis.”

“We often hear that “there is no cure for arthritis, because the causes are not known.” If the cause is an imbalance in the normal hormones of adaptation and resistance, then eliminating the cause by restoring balance will produce a true cure. ”

Lilac
      Participant

For years I had sore knuckles in my fingers. Sore when you squeezed them. I always felt this was the beginnings of arthritis. After supplementing thyroid at a fairly low level (about one grain a day, via Tyromax) for six to nine months, I realized that soreness was gone. And it has never returned. I’m seven years older now, too.

J.R.K
        Participant

I had found that I had many aches and pains especially shoulder and back pain, to the point where I was visiting a massage therapist every two weeks. This was a result of repetitive strain that was work related.
          I found that after introducing collagen into the diet especially after muscle meat that the aches and pains did subside and when I visited the massage therapist he asked,”what areas were bothering me?” My reply was,”actually nowhere nothing really hurts”. He said,”well let’s see sometimes you will compensate with one area to make up for a troublesome area”. After my hour session he said,” I am surprised you really were not lying, I could not find any tight spots out compensatory areas”. I went two more sessions with the same results and have not been back in six years.

DozingAnt
          Participant

Thank you Lilac for the suggestion about thyroid supplementation.  Arthritis can be debilitating and certainly hampers activities!  And collagen is an excellent addition as well, J.R.K.  I’ve used Cari’s suggestions about making chicken broth once and it turned out well so I need to integrate into a regular schedule.  Your recovery using it is amazing and inspiring!  Perhaps your massage therapist was less thrilled.  🙂

J.R.K
            Participant

I have not needed to return for a massage in years, but a can of collagen costs me thirty dollars less than one treatment, it is well worth every penny especially since I am fifty four and living a relatively pain free life. I do bone broths as well but a scoop of collagen everyday is pretty cheap for that return on investment.

I had the first stages of arthritis in three of my finger 15+ years ago. They would randomly swell up in the evening and get tight where I could not bend them and they hurt. Of course I was concerned. I really don’t know why it was just those three fingers, two on one hand and one on the other. MSM cured that issue, and it never came back since.

”The old idea, “one is what one eats,” has evolved far beyond ideas of simple nutritional adequacy or deprivation, and it’s now commonly accepted that many things in foods have fairly direct effects on our brain transmitters and hormones, such as serotonin, dopamine, adrenalin, endorphins, prostaglandins, and other chemicals that affect our behavior and physiology.“ -Ray Peat

“Rheumatoid arthritis and asthma are two inflammatory conditions that are notoriously worse during the night. Melatonin has been reported to be higher in patients with severe asthma and rheumatoid arthritis, and to promote the secretion of a variety of other pro-inflammatory substances.” -Ray Peat

Cari
              Keymaster

@DozingAnt  @Kevin007

I have been interested again lately in rosemary, as a tea. I used it to keep myself from having to take the heart medication prescribed to me about 15  years ago. Now I see it’s essential oil is a pretty powerful thing.

“Muscle and joint painApplied topically (to the skin), rosemary oil is sometimes used to treat muscle pain and arthritis and improve circulation. It is approved by the German Commission E for these purposes.”

https://www.stlukes-stl.com/health-content/medicine/33/000271.htm#:~:text=Several%20studies%20suggest%20that%20rosemary,preventing%20cancerous%20cells%20from%20replicating.

Cari
                Keymaster

Cayenne pepper works so well topically, better than those “Icy Hot” patches and creams. It works well internally as well for inflammation and gut health. After all the gut is the root of most afflictions…

“Some evidence suggests that spicy peppers are good for an achy (or stuffy) head. “When you’re stuffed up, spicy foods can help clear the congestion,” Supan says. And if your head is pounding, spicy chili or tacos may help. “Cayenne peppers have also been shown to help relieve headaches,” she says.”

Capsaicin is also used in topical form to treat pain. Creams made from the potent spice can be rubbed on your skin to treat arthritis pain.”

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/cayenne-pepper-benefits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content