Home Forums Forum SPAM & FORUM POSTS

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I want forum members to know that they are welcome to post links, pics, videos and whatever else. I will have to manually approve some who are from new members, but I think once my program gets use to the usual people they will automatically go through.  So if you post links or aren’t seeing your posts and comments posting right away notify me here and I will get it approved right away. I am just keeping a bit of a guard up to keep bots out.  I am getting them everyday.

Zsazsa
    Participant

Uh-oh I posted links in my 1st post to the forum!

ZsaZsa! I am so happy to hear from you! You can post links. I just have to approve them for now to keep unwanted spammers out. I will approve anything that members post. I will go approve it now!

Lollipop
      Participant

Hi Cari,

I posted on frequencies with a lot of links.  These are valid and not spam.

Thank you in advance for approving.

Our forum members are welcome to post anything. I am just trying to keep bots out.

Lollipop
        Participant

Hi Cari!

I made another post with links on the frequency page 🙂

I completely get you keeping bots out!!  The spam must be heavy.  I personally do not feel any adversity to your efforts. Truth is you are making this forum much nicer for all of us!!

There might be a way to automate this without being a manual process.  Maybe for new members, they have like a week wait period before being allowed to post links?  And allow all forum members the ability to post links?  This might stop all the spam bots that certainly will not wait one week – lol…

Anyway, I am not a developer or internet backend person.  Maybe someone on the forum is and can chime in to help you!

@Lollipop

I don’t have to approve most forum members links, but what I am noticing about the few members who’s posts wait for approval is that they are posting several in one post. Try posting them one at a time and see if they go through right away.

Lollipop
          Participant

Oh that makes sense Cari!! You mean my ten links in one post need approval – lolol?!?! Okay I will try one link one post 🙂

@Lollipop “You mean my ten links in one post need approval – lolol?!?! Okay I will try one link one post”

Hey I love ten posts of good information! Bring it on sister!”

Lollipop
            Participant

❤️❤️❤️

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Cari aka "Rinse & rePeat"

Skip to content