Home Forums Forum Shingles

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    barbparadise
    Participant

I just found out I have Shingles. Is there any suggestions to make the process easier. I just recommitted to eating better and have been trying the recipes on here. I mostly make what I call a smoothie in the morning with milk, orange juice, egg yolk and collagen peptides.  In the afternoon I have a muscle meat of some kind with one of the following , mushrooms, zucchini, peppers, artichoke hearts or onions etc. I have liver once a week. For dinner I have milk cheese yogurt or I make one of Cari’s carb recipes. Homemade ice cream for Eve snack. I make my own toothpaste. My lifestyle is pretty clean but here I am! I’m a baby when it comes to pain so I’ll be taking whatever they give me.

Johann2547
      Participant

\

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by Johann2547.
        Johann2547
        Participant

I would eliminate stress.  And while I don’t normally take supplements, with shingles, I would take a little lysine every day for a couple of weeks.  Also I would cut out chocolate for a while.

Gawdawg
          Participant

Last year I had shingles. I used a prescribed medication and also L-Lysine three times a day. Off the top of my head I forget how much L-Lysine I was using. Apologies.

barbparadise
            Participant

Thank you for the replies. I’m in my 2nd week. Still a lot of pain.   I’ve been using alternatively aspirin and ibuprofen. Out of the two the ibuprofen seems to do a better job of stopping the pain and longer lasting. I bought the lysine and then forgot to use it. I’ll start today

Tia Mia
              Participant

I used Lysine. Sorry I cannot remember the dose, but it definitely helped me!

I have been using Progest-E topically for burns and bug bites. I got a second burn, and others say a third degree burn, from a hot motorcycle pipe directly on my skin and the skin just came off in a sheet. I put Manuka on it the first two days and then Progest-E on it daily day and night and I never felt any pain and it healed quickly without a scar. I think it could work for shingles too spreading it thin with maybe some coconut oil. A high UMF numbered Manuka honey I suggested for my friend with shingles and it was the only thing that finally got her ulcerated sore gone fairly quickly. She took it internally too.

I’m sorry I didn’t think of all of this before now Barbara, my head head was a little scrambled a month ago. It is  a good thread to have going though for others in the future. I hope you are feeling better.

barbparadise
                Participant

I actually tried the Progest-E with coconut oil last week. It did seem to help some but it was short lived. I’m in my 6th week and I still have the pain. I’m able to manage it with 800mg aspirin. After reading your post, I thought I would give it another try. Here’s what didn’t help:

Eucalyptus or bergamot essential oil.

lidocaine patch

I did take the lysine for a while but only after I was well into the progression of the condition . I’m taking Oxidal which has methylene blue and I upped my dose of Progest-E. I’m also taking k2 for all the aspirin I’m taking. niaouli essential oil seemed to have some effect but short lived  I wasn’t consistent with it.  Any other suggestions?

That is terrible Barbara! Where is your shingles located?

My friend developed this ulcer, shingles, a couple of days after her first Covid19 vaccine. She suffered with it terribly and said it was the worst pain of her life. Things the doctor gave her did nothing to ease her pain. I suggested she put a high UMF numbered manuka honey on it topically and have a spoonful internally first thing in the morning a half hour before ingesting anything and again at bedtime away from any food or drink. She got noticeable healing from this advice within 24 hours. It went away pretty quickly with just the manuka honey.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content