Home Forums Forum Oral Red light therapy

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Zack Vegas
    Participant

You haven’t mentioned the strength or power of your light, either.

However, I’m guessing you aren’t getting much of a dose, and probably not enough to see any effects.  Some of the most powerful consumer units are the Red Light Man devices that concentrate about 60 or so LEDs, and even those units, you probably want to use them for somewhere between 5-15 minutes daily at about 6 inches distance to get noticeable results, and those would likely manifest in a few weeks.

If you really want to feel what a big dose of red light is like, see if there is a nearby tanning salon that has a red light bed.  You can probably do a session for under 20 dollars.  I did that recently, full body exposure for 15 minutes, and it was far different than any of the home devices I’ve used.  Incredibly relaxing, just felt wonderful afterwards.

barbparadise
      Participant

My light is a hand held 830 nm wavelength.  It has a power rating or light energy output of 320mW/cm2 @ 0”.
        it has 12 LED’s. I researched a little when I was first looking but now have forgotten most of it.

barbparadise
        Participant

I think I’ll try using my red light before bed and see if I can tell a difference in my sleep.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Author

Skip to content